National Association of Canine Scent Work, LLC®
Monday, December 29, 2014
Test Location: For Your K9
1975 Cornell Ave. Melrose Park, IL 60160
This ORT is Full.
The handler of the dog must be a current member of the NACSW™. The Dog must be registered with the NACSW™. For information on how to register or become a member go to www.NACSW.net. NACSW membership and dog registration needs completed at least 6 weeks prior to the ORT to guarantee that they will receive their score book in time for the ORT. However, participation is now allowed without score books. You must show provide us with your 2014-2015 membership ID and K9 registration ID upon ORT registration. Registrations and memberships to the NACSW™ must be submitted at to them least 14 days prior to the ORT to guarantee that the ID’s are received in time for the event. Cost is $25 per odor.
You are welcome to register multiple dogs per handler and multiple scents per dog. Hides will be re-located for the second dog, so you will have to wait for all of the dogs to go through the first run of that odor before your second dog can run.
Entries close on Monday December 8th at noon, CST. Entries limited to 60 runs.
Test Site Information
Special care will be taking for all reactive dogs. There will be posted potty areas for your dogs. This is not a social hour, dogs will remain in vehicles during the ORT. All dogs must be on leash at all times. No Flexi-leash allowed.
You must notify us in writing (e-mail, fax, letter) if you choose to cancel your registration. Cancellations received before 15 days of the first day of the ORT will receive a refund of 100% of the entry fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received 15 days or less before the first day of the event. Entry fees shall not be refunded in the event that a dog is absent, disqualified, or excused by the NACSW™ official or judge.
ORT participants are allowed to have a friend or family member video/photograph their test. ORT participants are not allowed to video/photograph one another. ORT hosts are not obligated to provide someone to video/photograph.
NO SPECTATORS ARE PERMITTED IN THE SEARCH AREA during the ORT except NACSW™ officials, adults accompanying a minor, CNWI-in-training, or immediate family members/friends of the dog/handler team currently being tested.
TEST Information - Notice to Exhibitors
- Exhibitors should bring their dog’s SCOREBOOK with them to the test. Results are recorded in the SCOREBOOK.
- TELEPHONE, FAX, UNSIGNED ENTRIES, AND ENTRIES RECEIVED WITHOUT FEES cannot be accepted.
- RETURNED CHECKS do not constitute a valid entry fee. A charge of $25.00 will be made for each returned check.
- Mail in entries MUST be made on the attached entry form.
- NO ENTRY SHALL BE MADE AND NO ENTRY SHALL BE ACCEPTED, WHICH SPECIFIES ANY CONDITIONS AS TO ITS ACCEPTANCE.
- OWNERS are responsible for errors in making out entry forms.
- EXPRESS MAIL entries must include signature permitting them to be left at the secretary’s address without recipient’s signature.
- DOGS PRESENT will not be permitted to roam. Exhibitors are responsible for the behavior of their dogs. The owner of each dog is solely responsible for having it ready when it is to be judged. Be prepared to keep your dog in your car when not being tested and on leash at all times. There is no inside crating at this test.
- FEMALES IN SEASON – Contact your test host if this becomes a possibility
- DOGS PARTICIPATING in ORT must be at least six months of age and must appear to be healthy on trial day and should be current on all vaccinations required by law.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of entry acceptance/CONFIRMATION will be made when entries are processed for those handlers that provide a correct email address. If you require a confirmation via USPS, you must provide a self-addressed stamped envelope with your entry.
- BASIC DESCRIPTION OF TEST – to successfully pass an ORT a dog must identify the location of the target odor and the handler must correctly call an “alert” within a three-minute time period. The Odor Recognition Test consists of a drill type exercise which requires 12 closed, but vented boxes set up in a pattern of one or two rows, spaced a minimum of 48” apart. The ORT is conducted on leash. Complete information can be obtained on the NACSW™ website.
All exhibitors should obtain and review a copy of the NACSW™K9 NOSE WORK® RULE BOOK. You may get it from their website: www.NACSW.net